August 20, 1966

The last buildings in St. Louis’ “Chinatown” came down on this date to make room for a stadium parking garage.

This post was contributed by Ross Malone. A historian and a retired school teacher, Ross has authored many books about Missouri’s history, weird facts, and folk tales. He has also written children’s historical fiction. Visit his website, and buy his books in the Missouri Life store.

Related Posts

August 20, 1888

With the death of Nat Kinney, the Bald Knobbers of Southwest Missouri were finally suppressed. Read more about the Bald Knobbers here.

August 6, 1862

The Battle of Kirksville was fought.

Fox Theatre in St. Louis

August 20, 1927

Plans were announced on this day for a lavish new theater in St. Louis. The Fox Theatre would be the second largest in the world.

Bigbamride Website, Copy the following: