December 1, 1911

A new town with 25 houses was springing up in Taney County. The town called Camp Glover was for workers on the new hydro-electric dam.

This post was contributed by Ross Malone. A historian and a retired school teacher, Ross has authored many books about Missouri’s history, weird facts, and folk tales. He has also written children’s  historical fiction. Visit his website, and buy his books in the Missouri Life store.

Photo by Christopher Windus on Unsplash